Since the 1960s, Swagelok® has been a leader in component innovation and manufacturing excellence for the semiconductor industry. Swagelok Northwest (US) provides the products and services semi manufacturing pros need to lead engineering innovations.
Swagelok success stories
When Cambridge NanoTech Inc. first started manufacturing atomic layer deposition (ALD) systems in 2003, the company was experiencing downtime due to underperforming valves. To extend the life of Cambridge NanoTech’s ALD gas delivery assemblies, the company tried the Swagelok ALD valve—with great success.
When Energy Conversion Devices, manufacturer of UNI-SOLAR® flexible solar modules, needed to expand to meet increased demand for its product, the company require more of Swagelok than just components. Attention to detail in building complete assemblies made a difference in delivery of the UNI-SOLAR product.
Award winning components
Swagelok innovations continue to advance the semiconductor industry. They include ALD diaphragm valves tested to 100 million cycles, DE series springless diaphragm valves, DRP series fluoropolymer valves, benchmark-setting Swagelok® VCR® and Micro-Fit® fittings, photovoltaic components cleaned and packaged for PV processing, and more.
Gases and Instrumentation Magazine awarded Swagelok the Golden Gas for its Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) Diaphragm valve. Their praise:
Learn more about ALD diaphragm valves from our catalog.
"The pneumatically actuated ALD series valve has a cycle actuation time of less than 5 milliseconds and a cycle life of greater than 25 million cycles. Employs a flow setting feature that ensures valve-to-valve flow (CV) variability of +/- 3 percent. Exceeds SEMI standards for UHP cleanliness and seal integrity. Available options include a high-temperature model, electronic sensor option, and others."
Comprehensive training & education programs
We help customers improve safety, increase productivity, and keep abreast of the latest fluid system technologies with our comprehensive customer training and education programs. We offer:
- Swagelok Tube Fitting Safety Seminar
- VCR Metal Gasket Face Seal Fitting Installation
- Tube Bending Training
- Introduction to Gas System Components
- Valve Selection Training
- Valve Installation and Maintenance
- Other training through Swagelok University
Leak-tight solutions for photovoltaic (PV)
With a global push for renewable energy sources, photovoltaic (PV) technologies are growing at a rapid rate. Swagelok supports the industry in its pursuit of grid parity with fluid system products and services designed for the supply side. From springless diaphragm valves to bellows valves, and check valves to tube fittings, Swagelok provides leak-tight solutions for this growing industry.
Swagelok has also introduced the Swagelok Specification SC-06:
- The first PV-specific guideline for stainless steel components
- Provides fluid system components with a purity level that meets - but does not unduly exceed - your process requirements
- Helps reduce the cost of producing solar cells
- Now available for a wide variety of Swagelok products
Application support from industry veterans
Swagelok Northwest (US) can help you select appropriate products for semiconductor manufacturing, detailed technical information and CAD models, welding assistance, engineered custom parts for new processes, and more. We offer:
- Applications layout
- Technical Drawings (download Sales Drawings & CAD Templates here)
- Product Substitutions
- Prototyping Services
- Technical Product Support
Assemblies & subassemblies for speed & savings
Our team of certified assembly technicians can build assemblies or subassemblies using Swagelok components, as well as other system components, to meet your design specifications.
- All assemblies by Swagelok certified installers
- Each assembly and Swagelok components are backed by the Swagelok limited lifetime warranty
- Technical support and industry knowledge assures smallest footprint
- Only the highest quality components
- 2D and 3D CAD capabilities
- Pressure or leak testing before delivery